Feelin' Blu



I've made a huge mistake. And I know of no better venue to discreetly reveal my errors than the cozy intimacy of the world wide web. Here's the deal:

We recently upgraded to a nice big plasma TV, and part of the deal that I got on it was that it came with a Blu-ray player. I'd been looking at getting one for a while, so this seemed like a great time to take the plunge. (Cue ominous music)

Blu-rays on a huge HD screen are an epiphany. After we finished The Dark Knight the other day, I just sat and wept at the beauty of it all. After watching a hi-def movie on a hi-def TV, I can finally say it: we are now living in the future.

"What's the problem, then?" you are probably asking right about now. It's simple: once you've tasted the sweet sweet digital nectar that is Blu-ray, all of your regular DVDs look like crap. I look at the collection that was perfectly awesome last week, and I don't want to have anything to do with it now. And since Blu-rays still cost $10 or $15 more apiece than regular DVDs, I won't be switching my entire collection over anytime soon. This is the part where you start feeling sorry for me.

It's like buying a Ferrari and discovering every road's a work zone. It's like going to Ruth's Chris and just eating a roll. It's what it must feel like to be Chuck Norris every day.

It's really true what they say: once you go Blu, you never go back. Learn from my fate, and consider yourself warned.




Now for today's INTERESTING SCIENCE FACT: The above image is not Photoshopped--there really are blue lobsters. Don't believe me? Go get your Wiki on.

0 comments: